‘Naveen Patnaik unfit for BJD president post’
Bhubaneswar: Infighting in the BJD reared its head with Odisha Jana Morcha founder Pyari Mohan Mohapatra on Friday alleging that his suspension from the party was illegal and its President Naveen Patnaik unfit for the post.
"He has lost the right to remain president of BJD since July 10, 2010 according to the constitution of the party ... He is unfit for the post of president," Mohapatra, who formed the OJM within BJD after being suspended from the party following the May 29 failed coup bid, told reporters here.
Referring to his suspension on June 1, Mohapatra, a Rajya Sabha MP termed it as `illegal` as per constitution of the party.
"As Patnaik ceased to be president of the party since July 2010, how can he suspend me in June, 2012?" Mohapatra asked stating that he had not received any formal letter from the party on his suspension.
Mohapatra who was dubbed traitor by Patnaik after the May 29 coup attempt, however, said he would talk to the chief minister if he wanted to.
"If he (Patnaik) wants to talk, I will," he said replying a question.
Claiming that the OJM would strive to develop inner party democracy, Mohapatra claimed that he and other members of his platform continued to be part of the ruling party.
"Caucus has developed in the party thereby giving democratic functioning a good bye," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you