Naveen ready to discuss topics to be raised by opposition
Bhubaneswar: Ruling BJD president and Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik today said his government was ready for discussion on any topic to be raised by the opposition in the Assembly.
"During the Assembly session, we will meet in the House to discuss important issues very positively. Whatever issues members of the opposition bring out, we would discuss," Patnaik told reporters after presiding over the BJD legislature party meeting.
Patnaik, who leads 117 MLAs in the 147-member Odisha Assembly, said the government will introduce some important bills during the session which commences from tomorrow.
"The MLAs have been asked to prepare action plan for each constituencies," BJD chief whip Ananta Das said.
Opposition Congress and BJP, in their respective legislature party meetings, have planned to raise important issues like chit fund scam, farmers issue, examination irregularities and other matters.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Bikram Keshari Arukh said the government was ready to discuss every issue to be raised for the interest of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand