Naveen ready to discuss topics to be raised by opposition
Bhubaneswar: Ruling BJD president and Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik today said his government was ready for discussion on any topic to be raised by the opposition in the Assembly.
"During the Assembly session, we will meet in the House to discuss important issues very positively. Whatever issues members of the opposition bring out, we would discuss," Patnaik told reporters after presiding over the BJD legislature party meeting.
Patnaik, who leads 117 MLAs in the 147-member Odisha Assembly, said the government will introduce some important bills during the session which commences from tomorrow.
"The MLAs have been asked to prepare action plan for each constituencies," BJD chief whip Ananta Das said.
Opposition Congress and BJP, in their respective legislature party meetings, have planned to raise important issues like chit fund scam, farmers issue, examination irregularities and other matters.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Bikram Keshari Arukh said the government was ready to discuss every issue to be raised for the interest of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon