Naveen ridicules Pyari, says his dream of becoming CM remote
Bhubaneswar: Ridiculing Rajya Sabha MP Pyarimohan Mohapatra`s "dream" of becoming chief minister of the state, BJD supremo and Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik Saturday said there was no threat to the ruling party from Odisha Jan Morcha (OJM).
"Well, the future will tell. I think his (Mohapatra) dreams are extremely very remote," Patnaik told reporters while replying to a question on the Rajya Sabha MP`s aim of becoming chief minister of the state.
Patnaik was reacting over Mohapatra`s recent statement at Baripada in Mayurbhanj district. Mohapatra had said that he would not hesitate to assume charge of the chief minister if the people of Odisha wanted it.
Mohapatra, who has floated OJM after being suspended and subsequently expelled from the ruling BJD, had yesterday vowed to oust Naveen Patnaik from both the ruling party and as the chief minister within three months.
Asked whether he felt threat from Mohapatra, the Chief Minister said, "I don`t think there is any challenge from OJM".
Optimistic about the bright future of the ruling party, Patnaik said that he was hopeful of getting uninterrupted blessings of the people of Odisha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city