Naveen to attend the Chief Ministers conference on Monday
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Saturday said he would attend the meeting of chief ministers on April 15 at New Delhi.
"I should be attending the meeting of chief ministers in Delhi on Monday," Patnaik told reporters before leaving on a four-day visit to the national capital.
Patnaik, however, avoided a question on a possible discussion on the contentious NCTC issue.
He said the meeting would take up issues relating to the home department.
"Let us see what matter comes up in the meeting on Monday," Patnaik said replying to a question.
The Centre has already informed the state governments that NCTC would be out of the ambit of the Intelligence Bureau and it would conduct searches or make arrests only after informing the state police chief.
Besides Patnaik, the issue of setting up the National Counter Terrorism Centre is being opposed by chief ministers Mamata Banerjee (West Bengal), Narendra Modi (Gujarat) and J Jayalalitha (Tamil Nadu).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?
- Lachipora encounter: Security forces shot dead 2 militants; gunbattle underway
- IIFA 2016: Ranveer Singh gets his fanboy moment with Fawad Khan!
- Accused of 'intimidation', Delhi Deputy CM Sisodia to stage protest march to PM Modi's residence