Naveen to meet Jayalalitha again on May 10
Bhubaneswar: Five days after meeting his Tamil Nadu counterpart J Jayalalitha in Delhi, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik is scheduled to meet the AIADMK leader again at Chennai on Thursday.
"I am going to Chennai on the occasion of the `bhoomi puja` of Odisha Bhavan there. Tamil Nadu Chief Minister will grace the occasion," Patnaik told reporters here on Tuesday while replying to a question.
The meeting between the two leaders assumes significance as both of them were among the non-Congress chief ministers who had opposed setting up of National Counter Terrorism Centre, accusing the Centre of infringing on the rights of states in a federal set-up.
The meeting also sparked speculation about their possible role in the ensuing presidential elections.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on