Naveen to meet Jayalalitha again on May 10
Bhubaneswar: Five days after meeting his Tamil Nadu counterpart J Jayalalitha in Delhi, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik is scheduled to meet the AIADMK leader again at Chennai on Thursday.
"I am going to Chennai on the occasion of the `bhoomi puja` of Odisha Bhavan there. Tamil Nadu Chief Minister will grace the occasion," Patnaik told reporters here on Tuesday while replying to a question.
The meeting between the two leaders assumes significance as both of them were among the non-Congress chief ministers who had opposed setting up of National Counter Terrorism Centre, accusing the Centre of infringing on the rights of states in a federal set-up.
The meeting also sparked speculation about their possible role in the ensuing presidential elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption