Naveen to meet Jayalalitha again on May 10
Bhubaneswar: Five days after meeting his Tamil Nadu counterpart J Jayalalitha in Delhi, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik is scheduled to meet the AIADMK leader again at Chennai on Thursday.
"I am going to Chennai on the occasion of the `bhoomi puja` of Odisha Bhavan there. Tamil Nadu Chief Minister will grace the occasion," Patnaik told reporters here on Tuesday while replying to a question.
The meeting between the two leaders assumes significance as both of them were among the non-Congress chief ministers who had opposed setting up of National Counter Terrorism Centre, accusing the Centre of infringing on the rights of states in a federal set-up.
The meeting also sparked speculation about their possible role in the ensuing presidential elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test: Hosts lead by 489 at 3rd day close
- Kashmir violence: Avoid using pellet guns against protesters as far as possible, Rajnath Singh tells security forces
- Pakistan spinner Mohammad Hafeez to undergo retest on modified bowling action
- Elderly woman found murdered in Delhi
- IAF's mising AN-32 transporter: Satellites provide pointers, but no signs of aircraft yet