Naveen to meet Jayalalitha again on May 10
Bhubaneswar: Five days after meeting his Tamil Nadu counterpart J Jayalalitha in Delhi, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik is scheduled to meet the AIADMK leader again at Chennai on Thursday.
"I am going to Chennai on the occasion of the `bhoomi puja` of Odisha Bhavan there. Tamil Nadu Chief Minister will grace the occasion," Patnaik told reporters here on Tuesday while replying to a question.
The meeting between the two leaders assumes significance as both of them were among the non-Congress chief ministers who had opposed setting up of National Counter Terrorism Centre, accusing the Centre of infringing on the rights of states in a federal set-up.
The meeting also sparked speculation about their possible role in the ensuing presidential elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report