Naveen to meet Jayalalitha again on May 10
Bhubaneswar: Five days after meeting his Tamil Nadu counterpart J Jayalalitha in Delhi, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik is scheduled to meet the AIADMK leader again at Chennai on Thursday.
"I am going to Chennai on the occasion of the `bhoomi puja` of Odisha Bhavan there. Tamil Nadu Chief Minister will grace the occasion," Patnaik told reporters here on Tuesday while replying to a question.
The meeting between the two leaders assumes significance as both of them were among the non-Congress chief ministers who had opposed setting up of National Counter Terrorism Centre, accusing the Centre of infringing on the rights of states in a federal set-up.
The meeting also sparked speculation about their possible role in the ensuing presidential elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends