Naveen to organise `Swabhiman` rally in Delhi on June 12
Bhubaneswar: Encouraged by his Bihar counterpart Nitish Kumar`s `Adhikar` rally demanding special category state status, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik will organise a `Swabhiman` rally in New Delhi on June 12.
"We will hold a Swabhimaan rally in New Delhi on June 12 to intensify Odisha`s demand for special category status," BJD Vice-President and Panchayati Raj minister Kalpataru Das said.
The rally will mark the culmination of the ruling BJD`s months long campaign launched on April 28 for special category state status.
The BJD president is likely to address the rally.
The BJD`s move came after Planning Commission deputy chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia recently rejected the state`s demand, saying Odisha did not qualify for such a tag.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley