Naveen to organise `Swabhiman` rally in Delhi on June 12
Bhubaneswar: Encouraged by his Bihar counterpart Nitish Kumar`s `Adhikar` rally demanding special category state status, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik will organise a `Swabhiman` rally in New Delhi on June 12.
"We will hold a Swabhimaan rally in New Delhi on June 12 to intensify Odisha`s demand for special category status," BJD Vice-President and Panchayati Raj minister Kalpataru Das said.
The rally will mark the culmination of the ruling BJD`s months long campaign launched on April 28 for special category state status.
The BJD president is likely to address the rally.
The BJD`s move came after Planning Commission deputy chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia recently rejected the state`s demand, saying Odisha did not qualify for such a tag.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'