Naveen to organise `Swabhiman` rally in Delhi on June 12
Bhubaneswar: Encouraged by his Bihar counterpart Nitish Kumar`s `Adhikar` rally demanding special category state status, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik will organise a `Swabhiman` rally in New Delhi on June 12.
"We will hold a Swabhimaan rally in New Delhi on June 12 to intensify Odisha`s demand for special category status," BJD Vice-President and Panchayati Raj minister Kalpataru Das said.
The rally will mark the culmination of the ruling BJD`s months long campaign launched on April 28 for special category state status.
The BJD president is likely to address the rally.
The BJD`s move came after Planning Commission deputy chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia recently rejected the state`s demand, saying Odisha did not qualify for such a tag.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation