Naveen to organise `Swabhiman` rally in Delhi on June 12
Bhubaneswar: Encouraged by his Bihar counterpart Nitish Kumar`s `Adhikar` rally demanding special category state status, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik will organise a `Swabhiman` rally in New Delhi on June 12.
"We will hold a Swabhimaan rally in New Delhi on June 12 to intensify Odisha`s demand for special category status," BJD Vice-President and Panchayati Raj minister Kalpataru Das said.
The rally will mark the culmination of the ruling BJD`s months long campaign launched on April 28 for special category state status.
The BJD president is likely to address the rally.
The BJD`s move came after Planning Commission deputy chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia recently rejected the state`s demand, saying Odisha did not qualify for such a tag.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj