Naveen to organise `Swabhiman` rally in Delhi on June 12
Bhubaneswar: Encouraged by his Bihar counterpart Nitish Kumar`s `Adhikar` rally demanding special category state status, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik will organise a `Swabhiman` rally in New Delhi on June 12.
"We will hold a Swabhimaan rally in New Delhi on June 12 to intensify Odisha`s demand for special category status," BJD Vice-President and Panchayati Raj minister Kalpataru Das said.
The rally will mark the culmination of the ruling BJD`s months long campaign launched on April 28 for special category state status.
The BJD president is likely to address the rally.
The BJD`s move came after Planning Commission deputy chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia recently rejected the state`s demand, saying Odisha did not qualify for such a tag.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company
- Some 6,500 migrants rescued off Libya: Coastguard