Naveen to raise KBK issue at NDC meet
Bhubaneswar: Orissa Chief Minister Naveen
Patnaik will demand special grant for the undeveloped KBK
(Kalahandi-Balangir-Koraput) region at the National
Development Council (NDC) meeting tomorrow.
"Among several issues, I will seek more funds for KBK
region, road connectivity and irrigation in the state,"
Patnaik told reporters before leaving for Delhi to the meet.
He is also scheduled to meet Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh, sources said. The Prime Minister would chair the NDC
meeting to be attended by chief ministers of different states.
Stating that KBK region required more funding to
improve infrastructure and socio-economic condition of the
tribal inhabitants there, Patnaik said the Centre`s grant of
Rs 250 crore under RLTAP (Revised Long Term Action Plan) was
Orissa is deprived of adequate railway network and
road connectivity must be expanded in order to ensure overall
development, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- DNA: Analysing how plastics are devastating our health silently
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'