Naveen to raise KBK issue at NDC meet
Bhubaneswar: Orissa Chief Minister Naveen
Patnaik will demand special grant for the undeveloped KBK
(Kalahandi-Balangir-Koraput) region at the National
Development Council (NDC) meeting tomorrow.
"Among several issues, I will seek more funds for KBK
region, road connectivity and irrigation in the state,"
Patnaik told reporters before leaving for Delhi to the meet.
He is also scheduled to meet Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh, sources said. The Prime Minister would chair the NDC
meeting to be attended by chief ministers of different states.
Stating that KBK region required more funding to
improve infrastructure and socio-economic condition of the
tribal inhabitants there, Patnaik said the Centre`s grant of
Rs 250 crore under RLTAP (Revised Long Term Action Plan) was
Orissa is deprived of adequate railway network and
road connectivity must be expanded in order to ensure overall
development, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes