Naveen to raise KBK issue at NDC meet
Bhubaneswar: Orissa Chief Minister Naveen
Patnaik will demand special grant for the undeveloped KBK
(Kalahandi-Balangir-Koraput) region at the National
Development Council (NDC) meeting tomorrow.
"Among several issues, I will seek more funds for KBK
region, road connectivity and irrigation in the state,"
Patnaik told reporters before leaving for Delhi to the meet.
He is also scheduled to meet Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh, sources said. The Prime Minister would chair the NDC
meeting to be attended by chief ministers of different states.
Stating that KBK region required more funding to
improve infrastructure and socio-economic condition of the
tribal inhabitants there, Patnaik said the Centre`s grant of
Rs 250 crore under RLTAP (Revised Long Term Action Plan) was
Orissa is deprived of adequate railway network and
road connectivity must be expanded in order to ensure overall
development, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'