Naveen to raise KBK issue at NDC meet
Bhubaneswar: Orissa Chief Minister Naveen
Patnaik will demand special grant for the undeveloped KBK
(Kalahandi-Balangir-Koraput) region at the National
Development Council (NDC) meeting tomorrow.
"Among several issues, I will seek more funds for KBK
region, road connectivity and irrigation in the state,"
Patnaik told reporters before leaving for Delhi to the meet.
He is also scheduled to meet Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh, sources said. The Prime Minister would chair the NDC
meeting to be attended by chief ministers of different states.
Stating that KBK region required more funding to
improve infrastructure and socio-economic condition of the
tribal inhabitants there, Patnaik said the Centre`s grant of
Rs 250 crore under RLTAP (Revised Long Term Action Plan) was
Orissa is deprived of adequate railway network and
road connectivity must be expanded in order to ensure overall
development, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video