Naveen to skip Modi swearing-in, Odisha Fin Min to attend
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik will skip Narendra Modi`s swearing in ceremony while State Finance Minister Pradip Amat will represent him at the event at Rashtrapati Bhavan on Monday.
As Patnaik is not attending the oath taking ceremony without citing any reason, Amat proceeded to New Delhi to represent the Chief Minister on the important occasion, sources said.
While deciding to adopt a positive approach towards the BJP-led NDA government to be headed by Modi, the BJD has said that it would continue to maintain equi-distance from both BJP and Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information