Naveen urges Centre to make city airport international
Bhubaneswar: The Odisha government on Saturday urged the Centre to declare the Biju Patnaik Airport here as an international airport in view of the requisite infrastructure facilities available in the state capital.
"You may use your good office to ask airline operators to operate international flights out of/through the Biju Patnaik Airport, Bhubaneswar," Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik said in a letter to Union Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh.
Reminding Singh of the meeting they had held on March 9, Patnaik said: "You had also offered to explore the possibility of connecting Bhubaneswar to Middle-East, South Asian and Sooth East Asian countries."
Stating that the work of new domestic terminal building complex at Biju Patnaik Airport is nearing completion and is likely to be ready in a month or two, Patnaik said the new terminal building can exclusively handle the domestic flights.
The existing terminal building with suitable modification for handling immigration, custom check can handle international flight, Patnaik said in the letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation