Naveen urges Shinde to implement decisions
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen
Patnaik has appealed to Union Power Minister Sushil Kumar
Shinde to take steps for implementation of decisions earlier
taken during a discussion between the two.
"I request you to advise the authorities concerned to
take the required steps to implement decisions expeditiously,"
Patnaik told Sindhe in a letter on Saturday.
During the discussion, the Centre had promised to
consider Odisha`s demand of additional 500 MW of power from
NTPC, Kanhia Stage-II, Patnaik said in the letter adding the
Centre should provide the additional power from unallocated
share available with them.
The state had demanded the additional power at least
for a period of two years to meet the present power crisis in
the state, Patnaik said.
The Chief Minister also reminded Shinde about his
assurance about NTPC`s commitment to set up a Medical College
and Hospital at Sundergarh with 400-bed capacity which could
be upgraded to 500 beds subsequently.
Further, Patnaik said that the Power Grid Corporation of
Indian Limited as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility
should set up two ITIs at Angul and Sundergarh.
Patnaik said to safeguard the interest of the state,
NTPC should provide an assurance as part of the PPA (power
purchase agreement) for Gajamara project that it would develop
their coal block in time to supply coal to the project and
would not use imported coal or high cost coal which might
increase the variable cost and the unit price beyond the
indicated price of Rs 2.71.
"In the event of NTPC using imported/high cost coal
due to unwarranted circumstances, Odisha would have the option
of not procuring the power and not paying the fixed charge,"
The state government had reiterated its demand for an
additional 700 MW of power from Bedebahal UMPP (ultra mega
power plant) in Sundergarh district towards 50 per cent of the
home state`s share, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says