Naveen welcomes BJP`s decision to support Sangma
Puri: Welcoming BJP`s decision to support PA Sangma in the Presidential poll, BJD supremo Naveen Patnaik on Thursday said all political parties should support the former Lok Sabha Speaker.
"I welcome the BJP`s decision of supporting Sangma. All political parties should support Sangma who is a tribal," Patnaik, the Odisha Chief Minister, told reporters on the sideline of the annual car festival of Lord Jagannath.
Sangma is a distinguished tribal leader who hails from the Northeast and belongs to the minority community, he noted.
Patnaik was the first to propose Sangma`s name on May 17 for the presidential polls with Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa`s AIADMK also supporting him.
BJD`s senior vice-president Damodar Rout said "While people from different communities have occupied the President`s chair, only the tribal community has been left out. Therefore, all should ensure that Sangma wins the polls."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested