Naveen welcomes BJP`s decision to support Sangma
Puri: Welcoming BJP`s decision to support PA Sangma in the Presidential poll, BJD supremo Naveen Patnaik on Thursday said all political parties should support the former Lok Sabha Speaker.
"I welcome the BJP`s decision of supporting Sangma. All political parties should support Sangma who is a tribal," Patnaik, the Odisha Chief Minister, told reporters on the sideline of the annual car festival of Lord Jagannath.
Sangma is a distinguished tribal leader who hails from the Northeast and belongs to the minority community, he noted.
Patnaik was the first to propose Sangma`s name on May 17 for the presidential polls with Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa`s AIADMK also supporting him.
BJD`s senior vice-president Damodar Rout said "While people from different communities have occupied the President`s chair, only the tribal community has been left out. Therefore, all should ensure that Sangma wins the polls."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores