Naveen will meet Madhu Koda`s fate: KV Singhdeo
Bhubaneswar: BJP Odisha president KV Singhdeo on Wednesday alleged that Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik was involved in the mining and coal scam in the state and would meet the same fate as former Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda.
"Let us wait for the Justice Shah Commission`s report. Naveen will face the fate of Madhu Koda," Singhdeo told partymen.
Dismissing the allegations, Parliamentary Affairs minister Kalpataru Das said that instead of referring to Madhu Koda, the BJP state president should have named B S Yeddyurappa.
Reiterating that the BJP would not ally either with BJD or Payrimohan Mohapatra led Odisha Jan Morcha, Singhdeo said "We will go to the people of Odisha with development issues."
Admitting difference among leaders in BJP, he said "Difference of opinion does not mean that there is groupism in the state unit of the party."
Earlier, Singhdeo was taken in a procession to the party headquarters here where leaders and workers welcomed him as the new president and offered their support in their fight against the BJD government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert