Naveen will meet Madhu Koda`s fate: KV Singhdeo
Bhubaneswar: BJP Odisha president KV Singhdeo on Wednesday alleged that Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik was involved in the mining and coal scam in the state and would meet the same fate as former Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda.
"Let us wait for the Justice Shah Commission`s report. Naveen will face the fate of Madhu Koda," Singhdeo told partymen.
Dismissing the allegations, Parliamentary Affairs minister Kalpataru Das said that instead of referring to Madhu Koda, the BJP state president should have named BS Yeddyurappa.
Reiterating that the BJP would not ally either with BJD or Payrimohan Mohapatra led Odisha Jan Morcha, Singhdeo said "We will go to the people of Odisha with development issues."
Admitting difference among leaders in BJP, he said "Difference of opinion does not mean that there is groupism in the state unit of the party."
Earlier, Singhdeo was taken in a procession to the party headquarters here where leaders and workers welcomed him as the new president and offered their support in their fight against the BJD government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says