Naveen will meet Madhu Koda`s fate: KV Singhdeo
Bhubaneswar: BJP Odisha president KV Singhdeo on Wednesday alleged that Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik was involved in the mining and coal scam in the state and would meet the same fate as former Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda.
"Let us wait for the Justice Shah Commission`s report. Naveen will face the fate of Madhu Koda," Singhdeo told partymen.
Dismissing the allegations, Parliamentary Affairs minister Kalpataru Das said that instead of referring to Madhu Koda, the BJP state president should have named BS Yeddyurappa.
Reiterating that the BJP would not ally either with BJD or Payrimohan Mohapatra led Odisha Jan Morcha, Singhdeo said "We will go to the people of Odisha with development issues."
Admitting difference among leaders in BJP, he said "Difference of opinion does not mean that there is groupism in the state unit of the party."
Earlier, Singhdeo was taken in a procession to the party headquarters here where leaders and workers welcomed him as the new president and offered their support in their fight against the BJD government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown