Naveen will meet Madhu Koda`s fate: KV Singhdeo
Bhubaneswar: BJP Odisha president KV Singhdeo on Wednesday alleged that Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik was involved in the mining and coal scam in the state and would meet the same fate as former Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda.
"Let us wait for the Justice Shah Commission`s report. Naveen will face the fate of Madhu Koda," Singhdeo told partymen.
Dismissing the allegations, Parliamentary Affairs minister Kalpataru Das said that instead of referring to Madhu Koda, the BJP state president should have named BS Yeddyurappa.
Reiterating that the BJP would not ally either with BJD or Payrimohan Mohapatra led Odisha Jan Morcha, Singhdeo said "We will go to the people of Odisha with development issues."
Admitting difference among leaders in BJP, he said "Difference of opinion does not mean that there is groupism in the state unit of the party."
Earlier, Singhdeo was taken in a procession to the party headquarters here where leaders and workers welcomed him as the new president and offered their support in their fight against the BJD government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid