Naxal attack in Kandhmal, 3 CRPF men dead
Bhubaneswar: At least three policemen were killed and three critically injured when Maoists blew up their vehicle Thursday in Odisha`s Kandhamal district on Thursday.
According to reports, a concealed land mine exploded when half-a-dozen police personnel, mostly constables, were on their way to a site where the rebels had triggered an explosion a day earlier.
Today’s attack took place in a forested area near Srirampur village, about 380 km from here, Deputy Superintendent of Police G.C. Behera told reporters.
Maoists are active in more than half of Odisha and Kandhamal is considered to be a Maoist bastion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family