Naxal attack in Kandhmal, 3 CRPF men dead
Bhubaneswar: At least three policemen were killed and three critically injured when Maoists blew up their vehicle Thursday in Odisha`s Kandhamal district on Thursday.
According to reports, a concealed land mine exploded when half-a-dozen police personnel, mostly constables, were on their way to a site where the rebels had triggered an explosion a day earlier.
Today’s attack took place in a forested area near Srirampur village, about 380 km from here, Deputy Superintendent of Police G.C. Behera told reporters.
Maoists are active in more than half of Odisha and Kandhamal is considered to be a Maoist bastion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test