Naxal attack: Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia for two Odia victims
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Monday announced Rs 2 lakh to the families of two Odia migrant labourers who were among the 27 persons killed in the Maoist attack in neighbouring Chhattisgarh.
The two victims Prahallad Majhi (32) and Chandrasekhar Majhi (34) of Nabarangpur district bordering Chhattisgarh had gone to Sukma district in search of work.
Patnaik directed the district administration to pay the ex-gratia, from the chief minister`s relief fund, within today.
Three others from the state were injured in the attack.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had yesterday announced Rs 5 lakh each as ex-gratia from the National Relief Fund for families of those killed and Rs 50,000 each for those injured in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145