Naxal attack: Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia for two Odia victims
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Monday announced Rs 2 lakh to the families of two Odia migrant labourers who were among the 27 persons killed in the Maoist attack in neighbouring Chhattisgarh.
The two victims Prahallad Majhi (32) and Chandrasekhar Majhi (34) of Nabarangpur district bordering Chhattisgarh had gone to Sukma district in search of work.
Patnaik directed the district administration to pay the ex-gratia, from the chief minister`s relief fund, within today.
Three others from the state were injured in the attack.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had yesterday announced Rs 5 lakh each as ex-gratia from the National Relief Fund for families of those killed and Rs 50,000 each for those injured in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack