NCW members meet Pipili gang-rape survivor in hospital
Cuttack: After meeting a minor gang-rape survivor here, National Commission for Women (NCW) members have said they will suggest "tough" recommendations to the NCW for taking stringent action against those responsible for the girl`s plight.
After speaking to the doctors treating her at the mental healthcare centre of SCB medical college and hospital here yesterday, NCW member Hemlata Khedia said, "We are now enquiring into the legal aspect of the case after collecting several documentary evidences."
She was accompanied by another NCW member, Manasi Pradhan.
Pradhan said the poor Dalit girl had to undergo an ordeal and what she now required was proper treatment and counselling.
The minor girl from Kamalasagar Patna of Pipili was found lying near a pond on April 28. The police had traced the girl after a missing case was reported.
After she was handed over to her family by the police, it was found that the girl had conceived and fearing reprimand from parents, she had attempted to run away from home. She was referred to the Cuttack Hospital for treatment from a hospital in Bhubaneswar.
Police investigations revealed that the girl was impregnated after she was allegedly gangraped by one of her acquaintance and his friends, police said.
Meanwhile, police have arrested Kartika Behera (25) and Chhabi Behera (27) from nearby Hatasahi village of the area in this connection and are on the lookout for another accused Sangram Behera.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch