NCW probe begins into dalit girl burning case
Kendrapara: The National Commission for Women (NCW) on Thursday began its probe into the fatal burning of a minor girl at Kharnasi village under Mahakalpada police station in Odisha`s Kendrapara district.
NCW member Hemlata Kheria today interacted with the dalit girl`s parents and reviewed the progress of investigation into the July 28 incident.
She was accompanied by senior police and civil officials of the district administration.
The victim`s parents appealed to Kheria to ensure that the offenders get capital punishment.
The 13-year-old girl was set ablaze by two youths after she refused their advances.
She died on August 8 on way to a hospital in Delhi.
Kheria also talked to some of villagers.
The parents of the deceased girl alleged before Kheria that their daughter died due to negligence in SCB medical college and hospital in Cuttack and her life could have saved had the government shifted her to Delhi earlier.
"I will submit a detailed report about this ghastly incident to the commission. The NCW is also investigating about allegations of negligence on the part of doctors in SCB Medical College and Hospital and the government`s slipshod attitude to her treatment," Kheria said.
Police have booked all accused persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened