NCW probe begins into dalit girl burning case
Kendrapara: The National Commission for Women (NCW) on Thursday began its probe into the fatal burning of a minor girl at Kharnasi village under Mahakalpada police station in Odisha`s Kendrapara district.
NCW member Hemlata Kheria today interacted with the dalit girl`s parents and reviewed the progress of investigation into the July 28 incident.
She was accompanied by senior police and civil officials of the district administration.
The victim`s parents appealed to Kheria to ensure that the offenders get capital punishment.
The 13-year-old girl was set ablaze by two youths after she refused their advances.
She died on August 8 on way to a hospital in Delhi.
Kheria also talked to some of villagers.
The parents of the deceased girl alleged before Kheria that their daughter died due to negligence in SCB medical college and hospital in Cuttack and her life could have saved had the government shifted her to Delhi earlier.
"I will submit a detailed report about this ghastly incident to the commission. The NCW is also investigating about allegations of negligence on the part of doctors in SCB Medical College and Hospital and the government`s slipshod attitude to her treatment," Kheria said.
Police have booked all accused persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Athlete Dutee Chand qualifies for Rio Olympics in 100m sprint
- Enthusiasm in social networking may earn you a job: ASSOCHAM report
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- Who are potential successors to RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan?
- Messi Vs Ronaldo: Should Cristiano Ronaldo too quit if Portugal fail to win Euro 2016?
- Beware! Excessive gadget use could stimulate early ageing: Doctors
- Haryana gang-rape victim sends notice to Salman Khan
- Amit Shah's dig at Akhilesh Yadav: Will Barack Obama maintain law and order in UP