NDRF clears 1,096 km roads in cyclone-hit Odisha
New Delhi: National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) teams are continuing rescue and relief operations in cyclone-hit Odisha and so far cleared 1,096 km of road by removing hundreds of fallen trees.
A total of 83 people were rescued by NDRF teams in Ganjam and Jagatsinghpur districts and another 1,015 persons from Balasore district, an official release said.
Forty-nine people were evacuated and shifted to safer places from Alipur and Patharagara in Ganjam district.
Another 230 people were rescued by NDRF teams from Mayurbhanj, 20 people in Keonjhar, 5 persons in Jajpur districts.
Besides, 120 people were rescued by NDRF teams from Raghunathpur and Banki area of Cuttack district.
Most of the important roads were opened and made motorable by NDRF personnel who also cleared 45 electric poles that fell on roads, the release said.
14 quintal relief materials were distributed by NDRF teams in Balasore and Ganjam districts. NDRF teams distributed food packets to 400 persons at Behram in Ganjam.
To help the local administration in Bihar and Jharkhand, four NDRF teams are positioned at Supaul, Sitamarhi, Darbhanga and Gopalganj in connection with prevailing flood like situation.
Besides, two NDRF teams are positioned at Jamshedpur and Dhanbad, two teams at Patna and Purnia, and two teams are being kept as reserve at Supaul, the release said.
In Bihar, widespread rains, with heavy to very heavy rainfall at few places in Bihar, has resulted in slow rise of water levels in Kosi, Ganga, Burhigandak, Gandak, Mahananda, Punpun, Kamlabalan, Bagmati, Ghaghra and Adhwara Group of rivers.
All rivers were, however, flowing below the warning level.
Low to moderate flood is expected in Kamlabalan at Jhanjarpur, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday