NDRF deployed for rescue operations in Orissa
New Delhi: Five teams of National Disaster
Response Force (NDRF) comprising 155 personnel and six
helicopters have been deployed for rescue and relief
operations in the six flood-affected districts of Orissa.
Home Ministry officials said rescue and relief operations
have been launched in Jajpur, Bhadrak, Kendrapara, Baleswar,
Mayurbhanj and Keonjhar districts after flood waters of rivers
Boodabalang, Suwarnrekha, Brahmani and Batrani inundated a
large number of areas.
Five teams of NDRF with 155 personnel, 29 boats and 60
lifebuoys have been deployed for the rescue and relief
operations, the officials said.
Out of the five teams, four were deployed at Jajpur and
one at Kendrapara.
Two helicopters have been deployed for air dropping of
food packets and an additional four helicopters are being
deployed for the same purpose.
"These teams have already started evacuating the marooned
people to safer places. Another five teams of 150 men have
been dispatched to the flood affected areas. The Central
government is closely monitoring the situation and is in close
touch with Orissa government for extending the required
support and assistance," an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday