NDRF deployed for rescue operations in Orissa
New Delhi: Five teams of National Disaster
Response Force (NDRF) comprising 155 personnel and six
helicopters have been deployed for rescue and relief
operations in the six flood-affected districts of Orissa.
Home Ministry officials said rescue and relief operations
have been launched in Jajpur, Bhadrak, Kendrapara, Baleswar,
Mayurbhanj and Keonjhar districts after flood waters of rivers
Boodabalang, Suwarnrekha, Brahmani and Batrani inundated a
large number of areas.
Five teams of NDRF with 155 personnel, 29 boats and 60
lifebuoys have been deployed for the rescue and relief
operations, the officials said.
Out of the five teams, four were deployed at Jajpur and
one at Kendrapara.
Two helicopters have been deployed for air dropping of
food packets and an additional four helicopters are being
deployed for the same purpose.
"These teams have already started evacuating the marooned
people to safer places. Another five teams of 150 men have
been dispatched to the flood affected areas. The Central
government is closely monitoring the situation and is in close
touch with Orissa government for extending the required
support and assistance," an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'