New CJ of Orissa High Court to be sworn-in on Feb 27
Cuttack: Senior judge of the Madras High Court Justice C Nagappan will be sworn-in as the new Chief Justice of the Orissa High Court here on February 27.
According to High Court sources, the Presidential warrant of appointment of Justice Nagappan reached here during the day.
Following the elevation of former Chief Justice V Gopala Gowda to the bench of Supreme Court, Justice Pradeep K Mohanty is currently officiating as the Acting Chief Justice of the High Court.
Born in October 1951, Justice Nagappan was appointed as an additional judge of Madras High Court in September 2000 and was continuing as a permanent judge there since September 2002.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail