New CJ of Orissa High Court to be sworn-in on Feb 27
Cuttack: Senior judge of the Madras High Court Justice C Nagappan will be sworn-in as the new Chief Justice of the Orissa High Court here on February 27.
According to High Court sources, the Presidential warrant of appointment of Justice Nagappan reached here during the day.
Following the elevation of former Chief Justice V Gopala Gowda to the bench of Supreme Court, Justice Pradeep K Mohanty is currently officiating as the Acting Chief Justice of the High Court.
Born in October 1951, Justice Nagappan was appointed as an additional judge of Madras High Court in September 2000 and was continuing as a permanent judge there since September 2002.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference