New CJ of Orissa High Court to be sworn-in on Feb 27
Cuttack: Senior judge of the Madras High Court Justice C Nagappan will be sworn-in as the new Chief Justice of the Orissa High Court here on February 27.
According to High Court sources, the Presidential warrant of appointment of Justice Nagappan reached here during the day.
Following the elevation of former Chief Justice V Gopala Gowda to the bench of Supreme Court, Justice Pradeep K Mohanty is currently officiating as the Acting Chief Justice of the High Court.
Born in October 1951, Justice Nagappan was appointed as an additional judge of Madras High Court in September 2000 and was continuing as a permanent judge there since September 2002.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje