Newborn rescued from forest in Odisha
Berhampur (Odisha): A newborn girl was found abandoned in a forest near Tilakapada village in Odisha`s Kandhamal district, official sources said on Tuesday.
The baby, less than a week old, was rescued by some women, who had gone to pluck mangoes yesterday.
Project director of Integrated Tribal Development Agency (ITDA) Pranati Patra, who was touring the nearby areas, got the infant admitted to the district headquarters hospital.
"Police have been intimated to trace the parents of the baby. The child will remain in the hospital for the time being and district administration will bear all her expenses," said district Collector BS Poonia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- LIVE: Pakistan's nuclear weapons may fall into hands of jihadists, fears Hillary Clinton
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’