Newborn rescued from forest in Odisha
Berhampur (Odisha): A newborn girl was found abandoned in a forest near Tilakapada village in Odisha`s Kandhamal district, official sources said on Tuesday.
The baby, less than a week old, was rescued by some women, who had gone to pluck mangoes yesterday.
Project director of Integrated Tribal Development Agency (ITDA) Pranati Patra, who was touring the nearby areas, got the infant admitted to the district headquarters hospital.
"Police have been intimated to trace the parents of the baby. The child will remain in the hospital for the time being and district administration will bear all her expenses," said district Collector BS Poonia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days