NGO official held for sexually assaulting minor girls
Bhubaneswar: An NGO official has been arrested on charges of sexually assaulting at least five girls in a hostel it was running in Odisha, police said on Friday.
The girls` hostel run by Shishu Bikash Kendra (Child Development Centre) in Koraput district`s Podagada village, about 500 km from state capital Bhubaneswar, houses at least 18 girls aged 12-15.
Philip George, 51, director of the centre was allegedly sexually assaulting the girls after calling them to his residence located nearby, inspector-in-charge BN Karkara told a news agency.
George was arrested on Thursday after a 12-year-old victim complained to the police on December 03 that she was raped by the director about three months ago, Karkara said.
Four others girls of the centre have also complained that George molested them, the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16