NGO official held for sexually assaulting minor girls
Bhubaneswar: An NGO official has been arrested on charges of sexually assaulting at least five girls in a hostel it was running in Odisha, police said on Friday.
The girls` hostel run by Shishu Bikash Kendra (Child Development Centre) in Koraput district`s Podagada village, about 500 km from state capital Bhubaneswar, houses at least 18 girls aged 12-15.
Philip George, 51, director of the centre was allegedly sexually assaulting the girls after calling them to his residence located nearby, inspector-in-charge BN Karkara told a news agency.
George was arrested on Thursday after a 12-year-old victim complained to the police on December 03 that she was raped by the director about three months ago, Karkara said.
Four others girls of the centre have also complained that George molested them, the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof