NGO official held for sexually assaulting minor girls
Bhubaneswar: An NGO official has been arrested on charges of sexually assaulting at least five girls in a hostel it was running in Odisha, police said on Friday.
The girls` hostel run by Shishu Bikash Kendra (Child Development Centre) in Koraput district`s Podagada village, about 500 km from state capital Bhubaneswar, houses at least 18 girls aged 12-15.
Philip George, 51, director of the centre was allegedly sexually assaulting the girls after calling them to his residence located nearby, inspector-in-charge BN Karkara told a news agency.
George was arrested on Thursday after a 12-year-old victim complained to the police on December 03 that she was raped by the director about three months ago, Karkara said.
Four others girls of the centre have also complained that George molested them, the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!