NHRC seeks report on welfare schemes in KBK
Bhubaneswar: The National Human Rights
Commission (NHRC) has asked the Orissa government to submit a
detailed report on the status of different welfare schemes
being implemented in poverty-stricken KBK region, official
sources said on Thursday.
The report was sought by NHRC special rapporteur
Laxmidhar Mishra who held discussions on implementation of
different programmes in Kalahandi-Bolangir-Koraput(KBK) region
with state government officials led by chief secretary B K
Patnaik here yesterday.
Issues like implementation of Revised Long Term Action
Plan (RLTAP),?steps to increase productivity in agriculture,
promotion of livelihood related activities in animal
husbandry, fishery, horticulture, health services and child
care were discussed at the meeting.
The sources said the NHRC rapporteur stressed on
reducing age limit of marriage of girls in KBK, where early
marriage is a major cause of concern for the state government,
steps to reduce rate of illiteracy and measures to check
He also stressed on adult literacy, education of the
children of migrating parents, nutrition, rehabilitation of
rescued child labour and food security related programmes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends