NHRC seeks report on welfare schemes in KBK
Bhubaneswar: The National Human Rights
Commission (NHRC) has asked the Orissa government to submit a
detailed report on the status of different welfare schemes
being implemented in poverty-stricken KBK region, official
sources said on Thursday.
The report was sought by NHRC special rapporteur
Laxmidhar Mishra who held discussions on implementation of
different programmes in Kalahandi-Bolangir-Koraput(KBK) region
with state government officials led by chief secretary B K
Patnaik here yesterday.
Issues like implementation of Revised Long Term Action
Plan (RLTAP),?steps to increase productivity in agriculture,
promotion of livelihood related activities in animal
husbandry, fishery, horticulture, health services and child
care were discussed at the meeting.
The sources said the NHRC rapporteur stressed on
reducing age limit of marriage of girls in KBK, where early
marriage is a major cause of concern for the state government,
steps to reduce rate of illiteracy and measures to check
He also stressed on adult literacy, education of the
children of migrating parents, nutrition, rehabilitation of
rescued child labour and food security related programmes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world