NIA arrests PLA member from Odisha
New Delhi: An alleged member of the banned People`s Liberation Army (PLA) of Manipur was arrested from Odisha by the NIA which is probing the nexus between Maoists and terror groups of Northeast.
According to official spokesperson of the National Investigation Agency, Asem Ibotombi Singh alias Angou was arrested yesterday with the assistance of Odisha Police in Gopalpur area of Ganjam district, where he was settled and worked as an overground agent for PLA.
Singh is alleged to have been functioning as `secretary` of the `External Affairs Wing` of the banned terror outfit.
It was also alleged that PLA had imparted training in handling of fire arms and communication devices to Maoist cadres in Saranda forest on Jharkhand-Odisha border in 2010, the spokesperson said.
On May 23, the NIA had taken custody of Indranil Chanda, an alleged Naxal leader arrested by the West Bengal Police.
According to NIA sources, Indranil was in-charge of Maoist activities in Assam and also a key liaison between the Maoist and Peoples Liberation Army in Manipur.
NIA had filed its charge sheet earlier on May 21, which is the first documentary evidence submitted before a court about nexus between northeast insurgents and Maoists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan