Nine killed in Odisha road accident
Bhubaneswar: At least nine people were killed Thursday and 11 others injured when a van collided with a truck in Odisha’s Kendrapada district, police said.
The accident occurred in Chandol village near the district headquarters town of Kendrapada, about 115 km from the state capital Bhubaneswar. The van passengers were returning home after doing some decoration work at a marriage function in Bhadrak district.
"Six people died on the spot, while three others succumbed to their injuries while being taken to hospital," District Superintendent of Police Rabi Narayan Behera told IANS.
The victims were mostly daily wage earners, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption