Nine killed in Odisha road accident
Bhubaneswar: At least nine people were killed Thursday and 11 others injured when a van collided with a truck in Odisha’s Kendrapada district, police said.
The accident occurred in Chandol village near the district headquarters town of Kendrapada, about 115 km from the state capital Bhubaneswar. The van passengers were returning home after doing some decoration work at a marriage function in Bhadrak district.
"Six people died on the spot, while three others succumbed to their injuries while being taken to hospital," District Superintendent of Police Rabi Narayan Behera told IANS.
The victims were mostly daily wage earners, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- `Inexcusable errors` by Australia TV crew in Beirut kidnap
- Drop everything and watch out for John, Varun & Jacqueline starrer 'Dishoom's logo! Pic Inside
- Centre to declassify 25 more files relating to Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose today
- SRH vs SL: Indian Premier League 9, Qualifier 2 - Players to watch out for in virtual semi-final
- Spellers from Texas, New York state battle to tie in US Spelling Bee