Nine killed in Odisha road accident
Bhubaneswar: At least nine people were killed Thursday and 11 others injured when a van collided with a truck in Odisha’s Kendrapada district, police said.
The accident occurred in Chandol village near the district headquarters town of Kendrapada, about 115 km from the state capital Bhubaneswar. The van passengers were returning home after doing some decoration work at a marriage function in Bhadrak district.
"Six people died on the spot, while three others succumbed to their injuries while being taken to hospital," District Superintendent of Police Rabi Narayan Behera told IANS.
The victims were mostly daily wage earners, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!