Nine police personnel injured in Odisha
Dhenkanal: Nine police personnel were injured, five of them seriously, when their patrolling van overturned in Odisha`s Dhenkanal district early Wednesday.
The van carrying nine personnel was on special patrolling duty when the mishap took place between Gobindpur and Talabaracoat village road, about 15 km from here, police said.
Sub-Inspector Gopinath Baliarsingh (54), ASI Manoj Kumar Panda (45), ASI R P Swain, Assistant driver Azad Khand and Homeguard Sudhir Sahu sustained serious head and leg injuries and were shifted to SCB Medical Collage, Cuttack.
The other four were treated at a nearby hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- DNA: Heroes of surgical strike receives gallantry award
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested