Nine police personnel injured in Odisha
Dhenkanal: Nine police personnel were injured, five of them seriously, when their patrolling van overturned in Odisha`s Dhenkanal district early Wednesday.
The van carrying nine personnel was on special patrolling duty when the mishap took place between Gobindpur and Talabaracoat village road, about 15 km from here, police said.
Sub-Inspector Gopinath Baliarsingh (54), ASI Manoj Kumar Panda (45), ASI R P Swain, Assistant driver Azad Khand and Homeguard Sudhir Sahu sustained serious head and leg injuries and were shifted to SCB Medical Collage, Cuttack.
The other four were treated at a nearby hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says