Nine workers fall ill in chlorine gas leak
Talcher (Odisha): At least 9 workers Wednesday fell ill due to leakage of chlorine gas at the Talcher Thermal Power Station (TTPS) in Odisha`s Angul district, police said.
The workers were sent to the TTPS Hospital here and all of them were out of danger, said Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP), Talcher, R P Sahu.
As the chlorine gas leakage incident came to light, the authorities evacuated all the workers from the plant premises and swung into action to repair the leak.
While no official of NTPC was available for comment, the police assured the panicked workers not to worry over the incident as the situation had been brought under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16