Nine workers fall ill in chlorine gas leak
Talcher (Odisha): At least 9 workers Wednesday fell ill due to leakage of chlorine gas at the Talcher Thermal Power Station (TTPS) in Odisha`s Angul district, police said.
The workers were sent to the TTPS Hospital here and all of them were out of danger, said Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP), Talcher, R P Sahu.
As the chlorine gas leakage incident came to light, the authorities evacuated all the workers from the plant premises and swung into action to repair the leak.
While no official of NTPC was available for comment, the police assured the panicked workers not to worry over the incident as the situation had been brought under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official