No doctors for SCB dengue ward in Cuttack
Cuttack: After widespread criticism and personal intervention of the Cuttack collector, SCB medical College and Hospital authorities finally opened an exclusive dengue ward at the trauma care center of the Hospital but apparently without any doctor.
Although, the 30-bedded ward was thrown open yesterday morning, the High Court appointed Advocates? Committee which visited the facility last evening made a terse remark saying "Too little has been done too late".
"The ward is quarantined, beds are well-laid, and toilets are spruced up, but dengue patients refuse to go to the ward for the Hospital authorities have not provided a single doctor or any paramedic to man the ward," said advocate Tarananda Pattanayak, a member of the panel.
It may be mentioned here that at least five patients suffering from dengue are currently undergoing treatment in the medicine ward of the hospital and everyday at least 10-12 suspected cases come to the Hospital seeking treatment.
"We fail to understand why the Hospital authorities are so casual in their approach for an exclusive dengue ward even as the first case of dengue was admitted in the hospital on August 4 this year," Pattanayak said.
The panel would file an affidavit in the High Court this week if the ward is not made operational immediately after posting doctors, nurses and other staff to man it.
The panel seemed to be annoyed with the hospital authorities for deliberately trying to defy the orders of the High Court in this context. "The High Court very specifically had passed an order last year for opening an exclusive dengue ward with proper facilities," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations