No driving licence for those below 18
Cuttack: Driving licence will not be allowed for any person below the age of 18 years here.
The decision was taken by the Traffic Management Committee of Cuttack city, transport department official said today.
Earlier persons below 18 years of age were issued licence to drive vehciles without gear having less than 55 cc engine capacity.
Since such vehicles are now not available in the market, children below 18 years would not be allowed to ride any vehicle,? the sources said.
Punitive action would be taken against those who err, he said adding campaigns would be launched by the department in all schools and colleges for sensitising students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire