No question of withdrawing BSF camps from Malkangiri: DGP
Koraput: Odisha Police on Monday rejected the Maoists demand of withdrawing BSF camps from Chitrakonda area, the Naxal hot-bed of Malkangiri district, while the state government stressed on the augmentation of developmental activities in the Southern districts.
Director General of Police (DGP) Prakash Mishra said the Maoists blasted a landmine killing four BSF jawans out of frustration as the government did not withdrew the para- military force as per their demand. The Maoists hand are tied due to presence of BSF jawans in the area, the DGP claimed.
Odisha`s home secretary V K Saxena and DGP Mishra today reviewed the ongoing anti-Maoist operations in Southern districts of Koraput, Malkangiri, Nabarangpur and Rayagada here six days after the killing of BSF jawans.
Focusing on the cut-off area of Malkangiri district where launch service was stalled from August 21 to 30 to the 151 villages in and around Balimela reservoir reportedly for Maoist threat, the DGP said.
As three new BSF camps were established in the Chitrakonda area, the Maoists out of frustration halted the launch service expecting that by this we will withdraw forces. However, question of withdrawing forces from Chitrakonda doesn’t arise.
Describing the Maoist offensive of August 27 as unfortunate, the DGP rejected alleged lapses in intelligence failure and said steps will be taken to ensure such incidents doesn`t occur.
According to the DGP as the Maoist activities has been contained to a good extent in Narayanpatna and Bandhugaon blocks of Koraput district, the Naxals were in search of an oppourtinty to hit back and they succeeded in attacking the BSF convoy.
The home secretary said development and security goes hand in hand in the Maoist-hit districts and more emphasis is given to rural connectivity and electrification of villages.
Earlier on the day, the DGP held meeting with the SP’s, collectors of the four districts and top BSF officials regarding Maoist activities in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands