No respite to heat wave in Odisha, mercury touches 47.5 degrees C
Bhubaneswar: The heat wave condition intensified in Odisha on Friday with the temperature crossing 47 degrees Celsius mark in four western districts, official sources said.
While Bolangir recorded 47.5 degrees Celsius, it was followed by Sambalpur (47.4) and 47 degrees C in Titlagarh and Sonepur.
Similarly, five other districts recorded temperature above 46 degrees C. While the mercury level reached 46.9 degrees C at Hirakud, industrial belt of Jharsuguda experienced 46.5 degrees C, Sundergarh, Talcher and Bhawanipatna recorded temperature at 46 degrees C.
With temperature is on rising trend, people preferred to remain indoors during the day time in most cities and towns of the state. The busy roads wore deserted look and people prefer to take rest underneath trees in most places of the state capital here which recorded 41.8 degrees C with relative humidity recorded at 76 percent.
The day remained totally uncomfortable in coastal belt as humidity level increased to 80 percent mark.
Three deaths have been reported due to sun stroke so far during the current summer, but no fresh casualty due to sunstroke was confirmed during the last four days, official sources said.
Meanwhile, the weather office forecast that heat wave conditions were likely to prevail in most parts of the state for the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!