No respite to heat wave in Odisha, mercury touches 47.5 degrees C
Bhubaneswar: The heat wave condition intensified in Odisha on Friday with the temperature crossing 47 degrees Celsius mark in four western districts, official sources said.
While Bolangir recorded 47.5 degrees Celsius, it was followed by Sambalpur (47.4) and 47 degrees C in Titlagarh and Sonepur.
Similarly, five other districts recorded temperature above 46 degrees C. While the mercury level reached 46.9 degrees C at Hirakud, industrial belt of Jharsuguda experienced 46.5 degrees C, Sundergarh, Talcher and Bhawanipatna recorded temperature at 46 degrees C.
With temperature is on rising trend, people preferred to remain indoors during the day time in most cities and towns of the state. The busy roads wore deserted look and people prefer to take rest underneath trees in most places of the state capital here which recorded 41.8 degrees C with relative humidity recorded at 76 percent.
The day remained totally uncomfortable in coastal belt as humidity level increased to 80 percent mark.
Three deaths have been reported due to sun stroke so far during the current summer, but no fresh casualty due to sunstroke was confirmed during the last four days, official sources said.
Meanwhile, the weather office forecast that heat wave conditions were likely to prevail in most parts of the state for the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM