Noted Oria poet Brajanath Rath passes away
Balasore: Eminent poet of Oria literature and social activist Brajanath Rath on Saturday passed away following a prolonged illness at his residence here, family sources said.
He was 79.
Rath was the recipient of many prestigious awards, including the Orissa Sahitya Academy Award, Vishuba Award, Gokarnika Award and the Shudramuni Sahitya Award.
He was also honoured by global cooperation society international, Seoul, Republic of Korea for contribution to world peace and welfare, cooperation and services.
Rath was conferred the highest honours from the Orissa Sahitya Academy Award for `Manara Manachitra`. He was also awarded the Tagore Literature Award (2010) for his poetry collection `Samanya Asamanya`.
He is survived by his wife Pushpalata Devi and three sons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das