NRLM to be implemented in Maoist-hit areas of Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Odisha government will implement National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM) in 40 blocks of 10 Left Wing Extremists affected districts of the state during this fiscal.
The decision was taken at the first general body meeting of the Odisha Livelihoods Mission (OLM), presided over by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik here yesterday.
Patnaik said above 50 lakh poor households had already been organised into women Self-Help Groups (SHGs) through `Mission Shakti` movement.
The government would implement NRLM in a phased manner based on the success of `Mission Shakti`, he said.
All the 30 districts of the state would be covered under the scheme in the next five years. In order to make poor people credit worthy and valued customers of banks, SHGs would be given priority bank linkages under OLM. The OLM has targeted to provide credit linkage to one lakh women SHGs with credit requirement of 1000 crore, he said.
The Chief Minister said institution building was a priority area where all poor and vulnerable households would be organised into SHGs, SHG Federations and Producers? Collectives.
Capacity building initiatives would be taken to make these institutions economically viable and self-reliant, he said, adding that focus will be on marginalised communities like scheduled tribes, scheduled castes, persons with disability and other such groups.
Patnaik said that community based institutions would be provided with financial assistance upto Rs 15,000 as revolving funds. Loan of larger size would be made available to them through their gram panchayat level federations, he said.
Panchayat federations would be provided with community investment fund, a grant ranging from Rs 5 lakh to Rs 25 lakh based on their population.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown