Nun identifies wrong person during identification parade
Cuttack: The Catholic nun, who was allegedly
raped during the riots in Orissa`s Kandhamal district in 2008,
Saturday wrongly identified a person during an identification
parade at the Choudwar jail here.
Earlier in the day, an official of the jail where the
parade was conducted, had said the nun had identified one
Later, the legal officer who was present at the exercise
said the nun had wrongly identified the person.
The nun had correctly identified two persons at the first
parade and seven in the second held in January and June 2009
She was allegedly raped when a mob attacked the Baliguda
Church in the district on August 25, 2008, jail officials
The TIP was supervised by Cuttack Sadar Sub-Divisional
Judicial Magistrate (SDJM).
The riots occurred in Kandhamal district in the aftermath
of the killing of VHP leader Laxmanananda Saraswati at
Jalespata Ashram on August 23, 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack