Odisha: 3 arrested, 3.5 quintal ganja seized
Malkangiri: Three persons were arrested Tuesday on the charge of transporting banned Ganja in Odisha`s Malkangiri district, the police said.
At least 13 persons were carrying about 3.5 quintals of ganja in the forest near Sulurkonda in Orkel police station when police intercepted and detained them.
While three of them were caught and the whole stock of ganja seized, the rest fled the scene under the cover of thick fog and darkness.
The ganja, valued at Rs 5,000 per kg, was being taken from Nabarangpur district to neighbouring Chhattishgarh trough the area when police intercepted it, Superintendent of Police, Malkangiri, Akhilesh Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends