Odisha: 3 arrested, 3.5 quintal ganja seized
Malkangiri: Three persons were arrested Tuesday on the charge of transporting banned Ganja in Odisha`s Malkangiri district, the police said.
At least 13 persons were carrying about 3.5 quintals of ganja in the forest near Sulurkonda in Orkel police station when police intercepted and detained them.
While three of them were caught and the whole stock of ganja seized, the rest fled the scene under the cover of thick fog and darkness.
The ganja, valued at Rs 5,000 per kg, was being taken from Nabarangpur district to neighbouring Chhattishgarh trough the area when police intercepted it, Superintendent of Police, Malkangiri, Akhilesh Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter