Odisha: 3 arrested, 3.5 quintal ganja seized
Malkangiri: Three persons were arrested Tuesday on the charge of transporting banned Ganja in Odisha`s Malkangiri district, the police said.
At least 13 persons were carrying about 3.5 quintals of ganja in the forest near Sulurkonda in Orkel police station when police intercepted and detained them.
While three of them were caught and the whole stock of ganja seized, the rest fled the scene under the cover of thick fog and darkness.
The ganja, valued at Rs 5,000 per kg, was being taken from Nabarangpur district to neighbouring Chhattishgarh trough the area when police intercepted it, Superintendent of Police, Malkangiri, Akhilesh Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof