Odisha: 3 arrested, 3.5 quintal ganja seized
Malkangiri: Three persons were arrested Tuesday on the charge of transporting banned Ganja in Odisha`s Malkangiri district, the police said.
At least 13 persons were carrying about 3.5 quintals of ganja in the forest near Sulurkonda in Orkel police station when police intercepted and detained them.
While three of them were caught and the whole stock of ganja seized, the rest fled the scene under the cover of thick fog and darkness.
The ganja, valued at Rs 5,000 per kg, was being taken from Nabarangpur district to neighbouring Chhattishgarh trough the area when police intercepted it, Superintendent of Police, Malkangiri, Akhilesh Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?