Odisha: 3 killed, 6 hurt in lightning strike
Jajpur (Odisha): Three agricultural labourers, including two women, were killed and six others sustained severe burn injuries when lightning struck them in separate incidents in Jajpur district, the police said on Monday.
The incident occurred when the victims were working in the paddy field while it was raining heavily yesterday.
The deceased were identified as Ranjan Nayak (36), Labanga Mahanta (34) and Nandi Patra (18) of different villages under Sukinda police sation of Jajpur district.
The injured were admitted to Danagadi and Dharmasala community health centres and were later shifted to the SCB Medical College and Hospital at Cuttack as their condition worsened, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore