Odisha: 3 killed, 6 hurt in lightning strike
Jajpur (Odisha): Three agricultural labourers, including two women, were killed and six others sustained severe burn injuries when lightning struck them in separate incidents in Jajpur district, the police said on Monday.
The incident occurred when the victims were working in the paddy field while it was raining heavily yesterday.
The deceased were identified as Ranjan Nayak (36), Labanga Mahanta (34) and Nandi Patra (18) of different villages under Sukinda police sation of Jajpur district.
The injured were admitted to Danagadi and Dharmasala community health centres and were later shifted to the SCB Medical College and Hospital at Cuttack as their condition worsened, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees