Odisha: 3 killed, 6 hurt in lightning strike
Jajpur (Odisha): Three agricultural labourers, including two women, were killed and six others sustained severe burn injuries when lightning struck them in separate incidents in Jajpur district, the police said on Monday.
The incident occurred when the victims were working in the paddy field while it was raining heavily yesterday.
The deceased were identified as Ranjan Nayak (36), Labanga Mahanta (34) and Nandi Patra (18) of different villages under Sukinda police sation of Jajpur district.
The injured were admitted to Danagadi and Dharmasala community health centres and were later shifted to the SCB Medical College and Hospital at Cuttack as their condition worsened, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Worms found in burgers from two Kentucky McDonald’s restaurants
- This is how billionaire Richard Branson looks after cheating death in a violent high-speed bike crash
- West Bengal hospital fire: Three killed, 50 children injured; Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia announced
- Astronomers find a 'dark' Milky Way
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!