Odisha: 312 families face possible deportation
Kendrapara: As many as 312 families living in the coastal villages here can face a possible deportation to Bangladesh, as they have failed to submit evidence of their nationality, officials said on Sunday.
With deportation notice still pending against them, these families have failed to submit documentary evidence with regard to nationality proof while the magisterial inquiry constituted to crosscheck the place of origin of alleged Bangladeshis has concluded its probe, the sources said today.
On the other hand, about 50 families branded as illegal immigrants have managed to put forward relevant documentary proof in support of their claim of bonafide citizens.
"The nativity root of about 50 families who have laid claim for Indian citizenship is being crosschecked. Relevant records and documents submitted by the suspected foreign nationals in support of their nationality claim were dispatched to Union Home ministry and West Bengal government for foolproof verification", Additional District Magistrate, Kendrapara, Ashok Kumar Panda said..
"The administration is carrying out the directives of the Union ministry. Those who did not submit nationality proof have lost the opportunity to wriggle out of foreign national stigma", he said.
Altogether 1551 suspected Bangladeshis from 362 families in Mahakalpada tehsil were served quit India notice under Foreigners` Act provisions in 2005. The move, however, was kept in abeyance by the Union Home Ministry following protest from various quarters.
Some of the infiltrators have submitted `relief eligibility certificate` and refugee resettlement certificates to lay claim to Indian citizenship. Besides, sections of infiltrators have come up with records to prove that they had migrated from neighbouring West Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah