Odisha: 32-yr old woman burnt alive
Kendrapara: A 32-year old woman was burnt alive, allegedly by her husband, in Pattamundai area of Odisha`s Kendrapara district apparently for her failure to bear an offspring.
The incident occurred in Baulanga village on Tuesday and the victim identified as Pramila Dash.
Gopabandhu Dash, husband of the deceased, was arrested yesterday on charges of murder, police said today.
The arrest was made after the woman`s father, Gopinath Dash lodged an FIR in this connection, said Inspector Pattamundai police station, Amitabh Mahapatra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Donald Trump calls for immediate closure of ''corrupt'' Clinton Foundation
- Hillary Clinton e-mail scandal: FBI discovers 15,000 more e-mails
- British police intercept drones flying drugs, cell phones into London prison
- My writing will never be the same, says author Perumal Murugan
- Japan's first lady makes first visit to Pearl Harbor