Odisha: 5 people killed, 38 injured in bus mishap
Bolangir: At least five persons, including two women, were killed and 38 others injured when a bus carrying them dashed against a tree and caught fire in Odisha`s Bolangir district early today, police said.
The passenger bus from Bhubaneswar was proceeding towards Sinapalli in Nuapada when the mishap took place near Puintala, three km from here, in the early hours, police said.
As the bus caught fire soon after hitting the tree, five passengers were charred to death while 38 others suffered multiple injuries, he said.
The injured were admitted to Bolangir District Headquarters Hospital. Two of them were later shifted to VSS Medical College and Hospital at Burla in a critical condition, police said.
Two of the five deceased were identified as Sakuntala Devi Agarwal (55) and her grandson Srianshu Goel (6) of Boudh, while efforts are on to identify others, they said.
The driver and conductor of the bus fled from the spot after the mishap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh