Odisha: 7 model police stations to curb Maoists
Koraput: As part of anti-Maoist
measures, Maoist-hit Koraput district in Odisha is set to get
at least seven model police stations, the first of its kind in
the state, very soon.
The new police stations, likely to come up in the
next couple of months, would help the ongoing anti-Maoist
operations in the region, officials said.
Funded by the Centre, the three-storey buildings would
be constructured at a cost of Rs two crore at Semiliguda,
Laxmipur, Kakirgumma, Sunabeda, Boipariguda, Kotpad and Pawda.
"Site selection for the new police stations is
complete and the work will begin soon. We hope that the police
statiions will be operational within a few months",
Koraput superintendent of police Anup Kumar Sahoo said.
The ground floor of the building will be used as a
general police station with a state-of-the art conference hall
and a women and children`s desk.
The first floor will have boarding and refreshment
facilities for officers engaged in counter insurgency
operations, while the second floor will accommodate at least
two platoons of security personnel engaged in anti-Maoist
drive, officials said.
"We often face difficulties in accommodating forces as
we have to depand on unhygienic government buildings. Also,
with the forces living away from police stations, there is a
problem in conveying urgent messages to them. These new police
stations will house both officers and securitymen in a single
building, solving communication issues", Sahoo said.
More police stations of Maoist-hit aereas of the
district will be covered in the second phase", the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city