Odisha: 80 more dengue cases
Bhubaneswar: At least 80 people in Odisha tested positive for dengue in the last couple of days, taking the total number of those affected by the disease in the state to 1,707 this year, an official said on Thursday.
The death toll due to the outbreak has, however, remained at four with no new death reported from any part of the state, MM Pradhan, joint director of the state health department, told a news agency.
Majority of the latest cases were reported from the worst hit districts of Balasore and Ganjam, he said, adding the patients were receiving treatments at home.
Pradhan said that trained volunteers were carrying out awareness campaigns in the affected areas.
At least 33 people were killed, mostly in the Talcher area of Angul district, by the viral disease last year. This year, however, the number of patients reported from this region has remained negligible, Pradhan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened