Odisha alerts fishermen about rough sea
Bhubaneswar: Weather officials in Odisha Sunday alerted fishermen against venturing out into the sea as a low pressure area has been formed over the Bay of Bengal.
"A low pressure area has formed over northwest and adjoining west-central Bay of Bengal today (Sunday)," a senior official of the meteorological centre at Bhubaneswar told IANS.
As a result, strong and gusty surface winds at 45-55 kmph would prevail along and off the state coast, he said.
Fishermen have been advised not to venture into sea as it will be rough, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Britain wins Brexit breathing space at gloomy EU summit
- Turkish PM says first signs in Istanbul attack point to IS
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016