Odisha alerts fishermen about rough sea
Bhubaneswar: Weather officials in Odisha Sunday alerted fishermen against venturing out into the sea as a low pressure area has been formed over the Bay of Bengal.
"A low pressure area has formed over northwest and adjoining west-central Bay of Bengal today (Sunday)," a senior official of the meteorological centre at Bhubaneswar told IANS.
As a result, strong and gusty surface winds at 45-55 kmph would prevail along and off the state coast, he said.
Fishermen have been advised not to venture into sea as it will be rough, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'