Odisha alerts fishermen about rough sea
Bhubaneswar: Weather officials in Odisha Sunday alerted fishermen against venturing out into the sea as a low pressure area has been formed over the Bay of Bengal.
"A low pressure area has formed over northwest and adjoining west-central Bay of Bengal today (Sunday)," a senior official of the meteorological centre at Bhubaneswar told IANS.
As a result, strong and gusty surface winds at 45-55 kmph would prevail along and off the state coast, he said.
Fishermen have been advised not to venture into sea as it will be rough, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chase master Kohli stars as India beat Kiwis by 7 wickets, lead series 2-1
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption