Odisha alerts fishermen about rough sea
Bhubaneswar: Weather officials in Odisha Sunday alerted fishermen against venturing out into the sea as a low pressure area has been formed over the Bay of Bengal.
"A low pressure area has formed over northwest and adjoining west-central Bay of Bengal today (Sunday)," a senior official of the meteorological centre at Bhubaneswar told IANS.
As a result, strong and gusty surface winds at 45-55 kmph would prevail along and off the state coast, he said.
Fishermen have been advised not to venture into sea as it will be rough, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh