Odisha announces ex-gratia of Rs 8 lakh, job for slain SPO
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Government on Sunday announced an ex-gratia of Rs 8 lakh and a job for the next of kin of the Special Police Officer (SPO) who was gunned down by Maoists in Malkangiri district, official sources said.
Slain SPO Ajit Sodi`s family would also get an insurance cover of Rs 10 lakh, they said.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, who condemned the killing, ordered that one member of Sodi`s family would be provided with job, they said.
Sodi was shot dead and another SPO critically injured by a group of Maoists at a `haat` (rural weekly market) in Padia in Malkangiri district in broad daylight today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 2nd conviction in coal scam: Court convicts RSPL, 3 top officials
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 629—Abhi ends his relationship with Pragya!
- Philippine Abu Sayyaf kidnapped 5 sailors, Malaysia says
- Read –Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer's letter to employees
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: 'Naira' Shivangi Joshi & 'Kartik' Mohsin Khan in love?