Odisha announces ex-gratia of Rs 8 lakh, job for slain SPO
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Government on Sunday announced an ex-gratia of Rs 8 lakh and a job for the next of kin of the Special Police Officer (SPO) who was gunned down by Maoists in Malkangiri district, official sources said.
Slain SPO Ajit Sodi`s family would also get an insurance cover of Rs 10 lakh, they said.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, who condemned the killing, ordered that one member of Sodi`s family would be provided with job, they said.
Sodi was shot dead and another SPO critically injured by a group of Maoists at a `haat` (rural weekly market) in Padia in Malkangiri district in broad daylight today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video