Odisha announces ex-gratia of Rs 8 lakh, job for slain SPO
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Government on Sunday announced an ex-gratia of Rs 8 lakh and a job for the next of kin of the Special Police Officer (SPO) who was gunned down by Maoists in Malkangiri district, official sources said.
Slain SPO Ajit Sodi`s family would also get an insurance cover of Rs 10 lakh, they said.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, who condemned the killing, ordered that one member of Sodi`s family would be provided with job, they said.
Sodi was shot dead and another SPO critically injured by a group of Maoists at a `haat` (rural weekly market) in Padia in Malkangiri district in broad daylight today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?