Odisha announces ex-gratia of Rs 8 lakh, job for slain SPO
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Government on Sunday announced an ex-gratia of Rs 8 lakh and a job for the next of kin of the Special Police Officer (SPO) who was gunned down by Maoists in Malkangiri district, official sources said.
Slain SPO Ajit Sodi`s family would also get an insurance cover of Rs 10 lakh, they said.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, who condemned the killing, ordered that one member of Sodi`s family would be provided with job, they said.
Sodi was shot dead and another SPO critically injured by a group of Maoists at a `haat` (rural weekly market) in Padia in Malkangiri district in broad daylight today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH