Odisha announces Rs 2 lakh each for kin of accident victims
Bhubaneswar: Odisha government on Saturday announced ex-gratia of Rs 2 lakh each for the families of the 20 persons who were killed in a tractor mishap in Raygada district.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik asked the district collector to ensure that family members of all persons killed in yesterday`s accident be paid the ex-gratia by tomorrow.
The state government has already announced free treatment for the people who were injured.
Of the total 46 injured in the accident, the district administration shifted 26 people to the Care Hospital in nearby Vishakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh, official sources said.
The remaining 20 injured were under treatment at the Rayagada district headquarters hospital, they said.
Scheduled Tribe and Schedule Caste Minister L B Himirika met families of the injured.
The bodies of the victims were cremated in their home villages.
The tractor carrying a marriage party had fallen into a gorge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'