Odisha announces Rs 2 lakh each for kin of accident victims
Bhubaneswar: Odisha government on Saturday announced ex-gratia of Rs 2 lakh each for the families of the 20 persons who were killed in a tractor mishap in Raygada district.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik asked the district collector to ensure that family members of all persons killed in yesterday`s accident be paid the ex-gratia by tomorrow.
The state government has already announced free treatment for the people who were injured.
Of the total 46 injured in the accident, the district administration shifted 26 people to the Care Hospital in nearby Vishakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh, official sources said.
The remaining 20 injured were under treatment at the Rayagada district headquarters hospital, they said.
Scheduled Tribe and Schedule Caste Minister L B Himirika met families of the injured.
The bodies of the victims were cremated in their home villages.
The tractor carrying a marriage party had fallen into a gorge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi