Odisha announces Rs 2 lakh each for kin of accident victims
Bhubaneswar: Odisha government on Saturday announced ex-gratia of Rs 2 lakh each for the families of the 20 persons who were killed in a tractor mishap in Raygada district.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik asked the district collector to ensure that family members of all persons killed in yesterday`s accident be paid the ex-gratia by tomorrow.
The state government has already announced free treatment for the people who were injured.
Of the total 46 injured in the accident, the district administration shifted 26 people to the Care Hospital in nearby Vishakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh, official sources said.
The remaining 20 injured were under treatment at the Rayagada district headquarters hospital, they said.
Scheduled Tribe and Schedule Caste Minister L B Himirika met families of the injured.
The bodies of the victims were cremated in their home villages.
The tractor carrying a marriage party had fallen into a gorge.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'