Odisha: ASI suspended for exploiting tribal woman
Baripada: An Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) of police was suspended on Monday for allegedly exploiting a tribal woman sexually after promising to marry her in Odisha`s Mayurbhanj district, police said.
ASI Subhendu Behera, posted at Hatabadada outpost under Rairangpur police station, was placed under suspension after the woman lodged a complaint with the police yesterday accusing him of sexually abusing her since June 29, they said.
The 25-year-old woman from Jhanraposhi in Ghasipur area alleged that the ASI kept her in a hotel at Rairangpur after bringing her from her village on the promise of marriage, police said.
Though both lived together at the hotel like husband and wife since June 29 and maintained sexual relations, the policeman refused to marry her, she alleged in the FIR.
While the woman was sent for medical examination, efforts were on to trace the ASI who has been absconding, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister