Odisha: ASI suspended for exploiting tribal woman
Baripada: An Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) of police was suspended on Monday for allegedly exploiting a tribal woman sexually after promising to marry her in Odisha`s Mayurbhanj district, police said.
ASI Subhendu Behera, posted at Hatabadada outpost under Rairangpur police station, was placed under suspension after the woman lodged a complaint with the police yesterday accusing him of sexually abusing her since June 29, they said.
The 25-year-old woman from Jhanraposhi in Ghasipur area alleged that the ASI kept her in a hotel at Rairangpur after bringing her from her village on the promise of marriage, police said.
Though both lived together at the hotel like husband and wife since June 29 and maintained sexual relations, the policeman refused to marry her, she alleged in the FIR.
While the woman was sent for medical examination, efforts were on to trace the ASI who has been absconding, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda