Odisha Assembly adjourned sine die
Bhubaneswar: The Budget Session of Odisha Assembly, which discussed several burning issues including the twin hostage crisis involving a ruling BJD MLA and an Italian national, was on Saturday adjourned sine die.
The Budget Session was conducted in two phases. While the first phase of the session was held between February 21 and 29, the second phase began on March 14. During 29 working days of the Assembly, two bills were passed and two separate resolutions unanimously adopted appealing to Maoists to release Italian national Paolo Bosusco and MLA Jhina Hikaka.
The second phase of the session witnessed members cutting across party lines expressing concern over the two abduction incidents and police firing in Ganjam district. The opposition Congress members spent three nights in the assembly demanding debate on the law and order situation in the state.
Besides, the House also passed the annual budget for the year 2012-13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party: 'Helicopter kya tumhare baap ka hai?' - Why Shivpal Yadav asked this to a man in audience