Odisha Assembly adjourned sine die
Bhubaneswar: The Budget Session of Odisha Assembly, which discussed several burning issues including the twin hostage crisis involving a ruling BJD MLA and an Italian national, was on Saturday adjourned sine die.
The Budget Session was conducted in two phases. While the first phase of the session was held between February 21 and 29, the second phase began on March 14. During 29 working days of the Assembly, two bills were passed and two separate resolutions unanimously adopted appealing to Maoists to release Italian national Paolo Bosusco and MLA Jhina Hikaka.
The second phase of the session witnessed members cutting across party lines expressing concern over the two abduction incidents and police firing in Ganjam district. The opposition Congress members spent three nights in the assembly demanding debate on the law and order situation in the state.
Besides, the House also passed the annual budget for the year 2012-13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites