Odisha Assembly proceeding stalled
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Assembly proceeding was stalled today as Opposition Congress and BJP members stormed into the well protesting against the rejection of adjournment motion notice on alleged loot of minerals.
Noisy scenes were witnessed during the Question Hour as legislators belonging to the two parties trooped into the well demanding discussion on the adjournment notice.
Some of the Opposition legislators were also seen trying to climb the Speaker`s podium while shouting slogans. As noisy scenes persisted, Speaker Niranjan Pujari adjourned the House till 11.30 am.
Similar scenes were witnessed when the House reassembled and the Opposition members stuck to their demand for a discussion on alleged loot of a huge quantity of iron ore from a mine.
As the din continued and no business could be transacted, the House was once again adjourned till 3 pm.
Later, Congress Chief whip Taraprasad Bahinipati told reporters outside the House that despite seriousness of the issue involving alleged loot of minerals worth crores of rupees and their illegal export to another state, no discussion was allowed.
Hitting out at the BJD government, BJP Odisha unit president K V Singhdeo told reporters outside the House that ruling BJD always avoided discussion on major issues despite its claim that it is always ready for it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL