Odisha Assembly Speaker urged to resolve `Rath Yatra` issues
Bhubaneswar: With the issue of devotees climbing the chariots of Lord Jagannath during Rath Yatra gradually becoming a major controversy, Congress Tuesday urged the Speaker to convene a meeting to resolve the matter.
"The situation is gradually becoming complicated. Therefore, we request the Speaker to convene a meeting to resolve the issue. The Speaker may also invite different stake holders in the matter," Leader of Opposition Narasingha Mishra said.
The issue was raised in the Assembly when Congress MLA from Jeypore Taraprasad Bahinipati sought the intervention of the Speaker for an immediate solution to the matter by inviting `daitapatis` for a meeting.
BJP MLA from Patnagarh K V Singdeo asked the government to accept Govardhanpeeth Shankaracharya Nischalananda Saraswati`s opinion on the matter as final.
"There should not be any attempt by the government to reduce dignity of the Shankaracharya," Singhdeo said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday