Odisha Assembly Winter Session to begin on November 28
Bhubaneswar: The Winter Session of the Odisha Assembly will begin on November 28, an official said on Wednesday.
The session, which will continue till December 26, will have 23 working days including four private members` days, a senior official of the state`s parliamentary affairs department told a news agency.
State Finance Minister Prasanna Acharya will present a supplementary budget for the current year on November 29.
The session is likely to be stormy in view of the several cases of atrocities against women in the state in recent months which the opposition Congress and Bharatiya Janata Party intend to rake up.
Besides, Cyclone Phailin and subsequent floods which ravaged more than half of the state`s 30 districts are likely to be subjects of debate in the Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM