Odisha Assembly Winter Session to begin on November 28
Bhubaneswar: The Winter Session of the Odisha Assembly will begin on November 28, an official said on Wednesday.
The session, which will continue till December 26, will have 23 working days including four private members` days, a senior official of the state`s parliamentary affairs department told a news agency.
State Finance Minister Prasanna Acharya will present a supplementary budget for the current year on November 29.
The session is likely to be stormy in view of the several cases of atrocities against women in the state in recent months which the opposition Congress and Bharatiya Janata Party intend to rake up.
Besides, Cyclone Phailin and subsequent floods which ravaged more than half of the state`s 30 districts are likely to be subjects of debate in the Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj