Odisha Assembly Winter Session to begin on November 28
Bhubaneswar: The Winter Session of the Odisha Assembly will begin on November 28, an official said on Wednesday.
The session, which will continue till December 26, will have 23 working days including four private members` days, a senior official of the state`s parliamentary affairs department told a news agency.
State Finance Minister Prasanna Acharya will present a supplementary budget for the current year on November 29.
The session is likely to be stormy in view of the several cases of atrocities against women in the state in recent months which the opposition Congress and Bharatiya Janata Party intend to rake up.
Besides, Cyclone Phailin and subsequent floods which ravaged more than half of the state`s 30 districts are likely to be subjects of debate in the Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read