Odisha BJP says no to pre-poll alliance with any party says no to pre-poll alliance with any party
Bhubaneswar: A day after BJP`s senior leader Chandan Mitra holding discussion with
chiefs of two small political parties in Odisha for an alliance ahead of polls, the party`s state leadership on Wednesday categorically rejected the move.
"We will not go for any kind of alliance with any political party in Odisha," BJP state president K V Singhdeo announced after rejecting any possibility of forging alliance or front before the elections.
Stating that the BJP`s state leadership is all set to welcome any leader to join BJP, Singhdeo said they are strongly opposed to any kind of alliance.
Mitra during his one-day visit to Odisha yesterday, had met Ama Odisha president Soumya Ranjan Patnaik and Utkal Bharat party chief Kharavel Swain. "We have just started discussion on the possible alliance," Mitra had said.
While Mitra entered into discussion with leaders of the small parties, the state unit of BJP has no such plans.
Meanwhile, Rajya Sabha MP and leader of Odisha Janmorcha (OJM) Pyarimohan Mohapatra said he was optimistic about an allaince with the national party. "I have spoken to BJP`s central leaders and they are keen for it. If they (central leader of BJP) suggest, I may start talks with the state leaders," Mohapatra said.
As the situation regarding a possible front remained unclear, sources said, Mitra was likely to visit Odisha again and make the state leader understand the significance of an allainace before the elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city