Odisha BJP says no to pre-poll alliance with any party says no to pre-poll alliance with any party
Bhubaneswar: A day after BJP`s senior leader Chandan Mitra holding discussion with
chiefs of two small political parties in Odisha for an alliance ahead of polls, the party`s state leadership on Wednesday categorically rejected the move.
"We will not go for any kind of alliance with any political party in Odisha," BJP state president K V Singhdeo announced after rejecting any possibility of forging alliance or front before the elections.
Stating that the BJP`s state leadership is all set to welcome any leader to join BJP, Singhdeo said they are strongly opposed to any kind of alliance.
Mitra during his one-day visit to Odisha yesterday, had met Ama Odisha president Soumya Ranjan Patnaik and Utkal Bharat party chief Kharavel Swain. "We have just started discussion on the possible alliance," Mitra had said.
While Mitra entered into discussion with leaders of the small parties, the state unit of BJP has no such plans.
Meanwhile, Rajya Sabha MP and leader of Odisha Janmorcha (OJM) Pyarimohan Mohapatra said he was optimistic about an allaince with the national party. "I have spoken to BJP`s central leaders and they are keen for it. If they (central leader of BJP) suggest, I may start talks with the state leaders," Mohapatra said.
As the situation regarding a possible front remained unclear, sources said, Mitra was likely to visit Odisha again and make the state leader understand the significance of an allainace before the elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves